PRODUCTS BY CATEGORY
ACCESS CONTROLS: CARDS & TECHNOLOGY
Cards & Technology: Barium Ferrite
These cards contain a Barium Ferrite insert, which is encoded by magnetizing spots in a specific pattern with specific polarities. Our most popular Barium Ferrite cards are those used with the 26SA and the 28SA-PLUS TouchCard™ access control units. These cards are factory-encoded with a facility (site) code and a unique card ID number. When re-ordering these cards it is necessary to specify the existing facility code and to provide the starting card number (generally one number higher than the highest existing card).
Photo ID Options
Dual Bond Cards: SKC-03-6 or SKC-06-6 “IDA” cards have a clear plastic overlay flap with a strong adhesive for making self-laminated ID cards.
Direct Image: Order SKC-06-2 cards with Art File 3357 (Blue) or SKC-03-2 cards with Art File 2112 (Black). The preprinting is limited to the top-front face of the card and leaves ample space for a photo, etc. Card printer must be capable of printing cards with 0.044″ thickness.
Custom Printing Options
Secura Key can pre-print Barium Ferrite cards with custom graphics. One-time tooling charges (per color, per side) are incurred for initial setup. Printing charges (per color, per side) are incurred for each run. There is a 250 card minimum order.
Standard Printing Options
Unless otherwise specified, Barium Ferrite cards will be printed with a blue Secura Key logo: “-06” cards with Art File 3356 and “-03” cards will be printed with Art File 2443. See Card Ordering Guide for further information (page 4). Standard printing options are available at no extra charge. Unless otherwise specified, the facility code and card number will be laser engraved on bottom edge of the back of the card.
Common Code Cards
The SKL-03P insert reader uses SKC-03 cards. These cards have a facility code that is common to all of the cards at a particular site. The cards do NOT have individual ID numbers, but may be ordered with sequential numbering to aid the customer in card accounting. All ID and artwork options available with the SKC-06 cards are also available with SKC-03 cards.
Cards & Technology: Proximity
Radio Key® Proximity credentials are compatible with all Radio Key® proximity readers, use proven reliable technology, offer consistent read range, unaffected by body shielding or variable environmental conditions. Radio Key® supports formats up to 40 bits. Radio Key® proximity cards can be used for applications such as biometric verification, cashless vending, and time and attendance by using the card number as a reference to an external database.
The Radio Key® ISO Card (RKCI) meets CR80 and ISO 7810 dimensional and thickness standards for use with direct image and thermal transfer printers. It can be slot punched vertically or horizontally for use with a strap/clip as a photo ID badge. A magnetic stripe is available. Laser engraved numbering is included.
The Radio Key® “Clamshell” Card (RKCM) is CR80 sized with a thicker rugged ABS card body which allows thicker antenna windings than the ISO card, resulting in superior read range. It includes a molded slot for a strap and clip allowing it to be used as an ID badge in a vertical orientation. These cards can be printed on some reverse-transfer card printers which can accept cards more than 0.065″ thick. An optional adhesive-backed PVC label can be used with most direct image and thermal transfer printers to add photo ID capability to the card. Laser engraved card numbering is included.
The Radio Key® Key Tag (RKKT) is a rugged black ABS key tag, which can be placed on a key ring or clipped on a lanyard, It provides superior read range, equivalent to full-sized proximity cards. Laser engraved numbering is included.
HID®-Formatted Proximity Cards & Key Tags
Radio Key® Proximity credentials use Atmel® RF technology, they can easily be programmed in HID® formats. Radio Key’s® passive (no-battery) design allows virtually unlimited reads. Four HID® formats are currently available (see specifications below) but if you need a format that we currently do not offer, contact the factory. For more information click here.
Note that HID®-formatted credentials cannot be read by standard Radio Key® proximity readers (RK-WM, RK-WS, RK-WL, RK65K), they can only be read by HID® Readers or Radio Key® Dual Technology Readers and standalones (RKDT-WS, RKDT-WM, RKDT-SA-M/S).
- RKCI01ISO Compliant Proximity Cards, Imageable, Random Numbering (Minimum order 50 cards) USE WITH RK600 READERS ONLY
- RKCI02ISO Proximity Cards, Imageable, Sequentially Numbered w/ Facility Code (minimum order 50)
- RKCIH02Same as RKCI02, ISO Compliant Proximity cards, encoded with HID Format 1 (minimum order 50) USE WITH RKDT READERS ONLY
- RKCM01Proximity Molded Card, Random Numbering Packs of 50 available USE WITH RK600 READERS ONLY
- RKCM01-25Proximity Molded Card, Random Numbering, Bag of 25 USE WITH RK600 READERS ONLY
- RKCM02Molded “Clamshell” Cards, Sequentially Numbered w/ Facility Code (minimum order 50)
- RKCM02-PK25Pack of 25 molded cards, 26-bit, pre-encoded facility code and sequential numbers
- RKCMH02Same as RKCM-02, encoded with HID Format 1 USE WITH RKDT READERS ONLY
- RKKT01Proximity Key Tag, Random Numbering. Packs of 50 available USE WITH RK600 READERS ONLY
- RKKT01-25Proximity Key Tag, Random Numbering, Bag of 25 USE WITH RK600 READERS ONLY
- RKKT02Key Tags, Black Plastic, Sequentially Numbered w/ Facility Code (minimum order 50)
- RKKT02-PK25Pack of 25 key tags, 26-bit, pre-encoded facility code and sequential numbers
- RKKTH02Same as RKKT02, encoded with HID Format 1 (minimum order 50) USE WITH RKDT READERS ONLY
- RKST01Trapezoidal Key Tag, Encoded, Random Numbering Packs of 50 and 100 available
USE WITH RK600 READERS ONLY
- RKST02LF Trapezoidal Key Tag, Sequentially Numbered w/ Facility Code (minimum order 50)
- RKSTH02LF Trapezoidal Key Tag, HID Format, Sequentially Numbered w/ Facility Code (minimum order 50) USE WITH RKDT READERS ONLY
Cards & Technology: Wiegand
Wiegand cards do not wear out, are virtually impossible to counterfeit, can’t be altered or copied, and are immune to external magnetic fields or RF interference. An embedded Wiegand code strip, containing small pieces of specially processed wire, is laminated under pressure to create a solid vinyl card. Any attempt to reach the code strip destroys the card.
Now that HID®/Sensor Wiegand cards and Readers are obsolete, Secura Key Wiegand Cards (WCCI) provide an alternative to reader replacement and full re-badging. They are fully compatible with HID® and Sensor Engineering Wiegand-effect swipe readers, and are available in the popular SIA 26-bit Wiegand format, as well as other Wiegand formats up to 40 bits. Options include high-coercivity magnetic stripe and custom artwork. Laser engraved card numbering is included.
Secura Key Multi-Technology Wiegand Cards incorporate both Wiegand and RF technology in a single package. They are available with contactless smart card technology, such as MIFARE® or DESFIRE, or proximity technology, such as Radio Key® or HID® Proximity. This allows Wiegand card customers an upgrade path to less costly modern technologies. Transition cards allow the reader upgrade to be done over time.
Secura Key can also provide Multi-Technology Wiegand Cards with MIFARE® DESFire® HF technology.