ACCESS CONTROL – SMART READERS
Secura Key’s Smart Readers work with the NOVA.16 Multi-Reader Control Panel
Each LF or HF Smart Reader is connected to the panel via RS-485
- Each reader has all the inputs and outputs to control and monitor each door resulting in no cable home runs back to the control panel from the door locations
- In addition, each reader has a:
- Solid-state Strike Relay
- Two additional open collector outputs for auxiliary functions
- And a total of four inputs for monitoring devices such as:
- Door contacts, PIRs, Request-to-Exit pushbuttons, etc.
The (LF) RKDT-SR readers can be used where either HID® or Secura Key proximity cards are used. The RKDT-SR works with Secura Key 26-bit or 32-bit cards, or with HID Proximity cards with pass-through, non-proprietary formats. NOVA.16 accepts bit formats with 16 ID bits. The readers are available in both Mullion-mount and Switchplate configurations.
The (HF) ET8-SR readers add Smart Card technology to the SK-NET system. The ET8-SR readers work with Secura Key e*Tag 13.56 MHz contactless smart cards and keytags, encoded with 26-bit or Secura Key 32-bit formatted access control data. They are also available in Mullion-mount or Decora® Wallswitch configurations.
Secura Key also offers a Wiegand interface adaptor, SK-WIO-1, which is also designed for use with the NOVA.16 control panel, allowing non-Secura Key reader types, biometric readers, keypads, long range readers and other Wiegand Output devices to be connected to the NOVA.16 peripheral bus, functioning just like one of the Smart Readers. The SK-WIO-1 has latch and aux relays and two inputs for functions such as Door Monitor or REX buttons.
Secura Key has recently added a wireless (HF) Smart Reader to it’s line of Smart Readers. The (HF) ET-SR-R-S is designed to work with the NOVA.16, SK-HUB and SK-NET. Using a proprietary wireless protocol, the wireless readers can be used independently or combined with other Smart readers to create a hybrid system.
- ET-SR-R-S (HF Wireless Reader)HF Single-Door Wireless Smart Reader, switchplate style, black
- ET-SR-X-R (The ET-SR-X-R is an upgraded version and a direct replacement for the ET-SR-X-M)HF Single-Door Reader, RS485, Contactless, rectangular mullion, black
- ET-SR-X-SHF Single-Door Smart Reader, RS485, Contactless, Switchplate style, black
- RKDT-SR-M (Dual Technology Smart Reader -Securakey and HID®)Single-Door (LF) Smart Reader, RS485, Reads Securakey & HID® Formatted Proximity Cards, rectangular mullion, black
- RKDT-SR-S (Dual Technology Smart Reader – Securakey and HID®)Single-door (LF) Smart Reader, RS485, Reads Securakey & HID® formatted proximity cards, switchplate, black
- SK-HUB (1 HUB per SK-MRCP will handle up to 16 Wireless readers)SK-HUB
- SK-WIO-1Single-door interface, RS-485, Wiegand Input, use with SK-MRCP, fits in US J-Box